On March 31, 2021, the Governor of New York State signed into law a new statute that – for the first time in this State – legalizes recreational use and possession of marijuana. The statute also decriminalizes the cultivation, possession, and use of small amounts of the drug for individuals who are at least 21 years of age.
As a responsible employer, what policies should you review or consider now, so you’re prepared?
- Drug testing, pre-employment or on-the-job;
- Zero-tolerance policies on drugs in the workplace;
- Work performance policies;
- Safety policies and the impact on OSHA and other worksite safety regulations;
- Provisions in collective bargaining agreements.
The Coppola Firm is your resource for all your pot policies. Call us today!